Thursday, August 2, 2007

Day 36, August 1, 2007

Day 36, Wednesday, August 1, 2007.
We had a great sleep and didn’t need the air conditioning and just as well because we didn’t have any power to connect to. The campsite was full and we were in the over flow. We didn’t rush out of bed this morning. I read for a while and Willa and Tegan slept. Got up and went down to check if any opening for today and if not were going to move on. There was an opening if the people in #73 left today so I checked it out and told the gal we would take it. The people left in the later morning and a half hour later we are all set up. We would have had to move because the batteries that operate the lights and pump etc. was too low to stay another night. When the batteries go so does everything else, including the fridge. Even though the fridge is operated on gas it needs 12 volts to run the safety feature or something. Driving charges the batteries. I guess yesterday I was operating too many things and we were stopped too often with not enough long driving times. When I plug into the 120 volts this also charges the batteries so by tomorrow all should be full, batteries, fresh water holding tank and hopefully the other tanks will be empty. Willa did some wash today, I vacuumed the motor home and did a few minor repairs but mainly just lazed around. We did do a little bike riding, Tegan went to the beach and walked both ways so she must have covered close to a mile or two. The sand here is not quite white and it squeaks as you walk or shuffle your feet. We asked someone why and they said it is because there is silicon in the sand. Tegan found a 4 inch crab in the water and was playing with it. We stopped by the motor home from BC to see what part of BC they were from. He said from Abbotsford, I thought he was kidding but for real. I introduced myself and he said you are a realtor. Turns out they are friends of Bob and Bev King from Abbotsford, I was on a downtown committee with Bev 12-15 years ago and Bev worked for me as my assistant for about a year I think. We had a real nice visit with them and apparently Bev and Bob are on their way out here also. Blair and Lil (I hope I remembered it right] are away till October and sounds like Bev and Bob are on a one year venture, so exciting. We had a nice visit with them and as we talked, it turned out their 8 year old grand daughter was in school with our youngest in Coughlin Elementary School in Aldergrove, small world. They are traveling with another couple from Langley. Blair and Lil left the same day we did June 27. Well I guess I’ll get back to my book, or maybe the beach, or maybe lay in the sun, so many decisions to make—life is tough. Later in the evening Willa met the neighbour two trailers over and sat around her fire and visited for an hour or so. They were in the campsite with a bunch of their cousins. Everybody is so friendly and are willing to stop and talk and most of the time you get their life story, which is always interesting. One thing we did notice on PEI is how neat the yards are and how well mowed they are. This lady we met made the comment on how important peoples yards were to them on PEI.

No comments: