Sunday, July 29, 2007

Day 22, July 18, 2007

Day 22, Wednesday, July 18, 2007
We have come to a major decision this morning, we are going to stay another day at Smiths Falls, Ontario. We want to give the motorhome a good cleaning and do some maintenance work on it. So at 8:00 in the morning there I am in my lawn chair with my cup of tea watching all the boats go by, cueing for the locks. This time I am organized, I have brought out a big heavy towel. Some of these boats are unbelievable. I want to watch them load up the locks so I rush up and you can sit right on the lock gates while they are filling with boats and water. Sorry, what did you say? You want to know what the towel was for? Drool, my good man drool, and it worked. So I was able to watch while they load the boats into the lock, then fill it and let them out on the higher level. They were all bigger boats so only 5 could fit in, and they were tight. Later Tegan and I went to the locks when they loaded a couple of real big boats and watched the process. You ask did I need a towel, well of course not, you just hang your jaw over the railing and it runs into the lock. Some of the owners of the boats I actually think enjoy watching you drool. From there I came back and made bacon and eggs and then started the clean up. Willa was doing laundry again but less this time and there may not be much time in the next few days in Ottawa then Quebec City. The fridge needed reorganizing and the freezer was frosting up a bit so that was on the to-do list. We had collected a lot of brochures and booklets about the different areas and sites to see and they were scattered around, so I pulled them together and put them in a drawer and only kept out the ones pertaining to this area. Very relaxing day and one that we needed. The next 3-4 days will be very hectic. Did some reading, and proof read my diary to get it ready for loading onto my blog if I can get my connection working. (This is Willa —– his proofreading did not work. Can’t imagine what it was like before he proofed it! It sure is good for a laugh though!!!) Once a week I down load all the pictures from my camera and get them organized so they are viewable. Not a big job but nice to have the time to go through them and organize them. We had supper about 6:00 pm and we could hear the thunder in the distance, then the lightning and then the rain and did we ever get a down pour. The water is just lying around in puddles, luckily our site is dry. Some of the boats parked for the night are not much bigger than our boat, I wander how they faied in the rain. Well not an exciting day but a very relaxing day. The sky looks quite dark so we may be in for a few more storms. It’s 8:45 pm. Been a good day for all of us and a good restful day also. Want to be off tomorrow early. First thing is the mechanic that Sean Murphy had recommended, then to the campsite and then we start the tour of Ottawa, Hull and whatever else we can pack into tomorrow and the next day. And in the morning we pull a Willie Nelson - - - - - - - - - - - - “ON THE ROAD AGAIN

No comments: