Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Day 44, August 9, 2007

Day 44, Thursday, August 9, 2007
We wanted to cover a little road so we hit the road at 9:00 am and pushed through to about 6:30 pm only stopping for some groceries and a second stop at Mont Carmel where my great grand father Dionne was born. We were hoping to pick up some souveniers but there was not one souvenir shop in town. Not a very big town. I asked someone that was around the church if we could take a look inside. He indicated it would be no problem, no one spoke English, but everyone is friendly, anyway I collected Willa and we did the tour. They were just holding mass in another room and one old gentleman was determined that we would stay for mass, Well the priest saw right through us not being Catholic and directed us to the Church and they carried on with mass. Beautiful old building. We think my great grandfather was baptized in this church. From our little detour we were off again to the KOA Quebec Campsite. Along the way we had this big truck pass us and on a slight incline. I have cruise plugged in and I am watching him pull out to pass. But the incline was enough that he didn’t have the power to pass me, and there are no cars behind him. Next thing I see his turn signal comes on and he is coming into my lane. Luckily enough I was watching and hit the brake and moved over as he came over. The back end of the trailer missed me by only a couple of feet. Well I was going to change undershorts anyway so a little sooner was no problem. I don’t think he did it deliberately hopefully just wasn’t paying attention. We had good weather for the drive today not hot but a real bad head wind and as we turned corners the wind would catch us from different angles and sometimes threw us around quite a bit. We had a good chuckle today. Tegan made the comment that the next trip we make I would probably be researching where all the Auto Parts Shops are located. We had to laugh what with all the different things we had go wrong with the motorhome. We phoned ahead to make a reservation at the KOA Quebec Campsite. It is located just south of Quebec City and has a shuttle bus that runs to The Citadel or within a five minute walk of the Citadel and other little shops. The drive was generally good and the roads were good for the most part.

No comments: