Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Day 43, August 8, 2007

Day 43, Wednesday, August 8, 2007.
At about 8:30 I started making calls to get an appointment to take the motorhome in to have the oxygen sensor fixed. Everyone is so busy but the owner of the campsite, Ponderosa near Hopewell Cape, gave me the name of a chap at J and J, Jeff. Went to see him but couldn’t help me and sent me to CarQuest in Riverview. They took me in and had a devil of a time to fix it. Not only were the threads on the oxygen sensor stripped but also on the threads in the exhaust pipe. But they finally got it done. The young chap that started it just persevered until he had it. We were in the shop for about 4 hours. New sensor and the bill was $132. Which I thought was real reasonable. I left them an extra $20.00 for donuts the next morning for coffee. We are off! We decided to hit the road rather than go back to the Hopewell Rocks. The motorhome seems to be running a lot better. So the oxygen sensor may have been acting up for awhile. Some of the longer hills had me crawling up but now seems to pull right up. There is still a flat spot but I can live with this for the time being. We headed for # 2 Highway and on our way to Fredericton, NB. When we left the garage it was warm and a little muggy but as we progressed to Fredericton it started to rain and rain fairly hard until Gagetown, NB. Took the wrong turn off the first time but managed to get back on after about 10 k of back tracking. We are in Gagetown Campsite a bit of a rustic site but all the services are here and the site is level. We are all set up and tired from the stress of not knowing if or when they were going to be able to fix the motorhome. Must have called 10 different places and all either weren’t equipped or booked up. Pretty hard to take a tourist in when your regular customers are waiting for their cars. But the people at CarQuest bent over back wards to help and in the end the young chap was able to fix the problem. Charlie was in the parts and Brian I think was either the owner or manager and I didn’t get the young fellows name that fixed the motorhome. If you are ever in Riverview or near and need mechanical help they did a good job and reasonable. Well we have a very long day tomorrow. The goal is to be in a campsite in Quebec City by 5-6:00 pm and tour the City the next day. Will hopefully be on the road about 7:00 am if possible. Be talking to you tomorrow……………………. I didn’t know that. I’d better be off to bed too. This is Willa talking as I’m proofing this page!

No comments: